Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Mommy, I don't have a heart..."

Today's task was to teach Asher about his heart and heartbeat. You may be asking why I am so desparate to teach this. Well, today, we heard the baby #3's (jelly bean's) heartbeat for the first time. Asher seems to be understanding about the baby so I thought it would be really cool for him to be part of the first heartbeat experience. Well, he didn't quite get it. He just kept saying "I don't hear a heart...I don't have a heart Mommy". He did think the sounds were pretty cool while we were listening to the heartbeat, but we still have work to do on him discovering the beating life in his chest. He keeps asking why he can't see the baby. I suppose he is used to the Mom's with purtruding bellies and doesn't understand why I don't have one of those if I really do have a baby in my belly. He does predict a girl though! Only time will tell. The heartbeat was in the 150s today. Asher was usually 150s and Anna was 160s. Unfortunately, we will be leaving Boston before my OB does an ultrasound so we are not sure if we will be able to find out the sex....we are hoping our doctor in Hawaii will want an ultrasound for some reason since TRicare will not cover one without a reason (besides just wanting to know the sex).

No comments:

Post a Comment