Saturday, August 1, 2009

Daddy Projects

OK, so this picture has nothing to do with the topic of this blog but was too cute not to share.


Joel helping Asher and Ann planting tomato seeds. We wanted them to have something to care for while he was away...something to watch grow and show him when he returns. and something hardy of course that would succeed. We will have to see how our little seeds do over the months.


We also created candy jars with the kids. There is one piece of candy for every day that Daddy is going to be gone. They get to eat one piece a day and enjoy watching the jar get emptier. Well, they might not enjoy the candy disappearing but it will be exciting to have a visual on how much time is left.

We leave in about 10 minutes to take Joel to the airport. I have had a few breakdowns this week amongst the lovely moments we have shared as a family. I just can't believe this day is actually here and 4 months seems like 4 years to me at the moment. I can already think of 5 things I meant to ask Joel to do before he left and forgot. I am scared and am not quite sure exactly how I am going to react once he is gone. I will continue to lean on the Lord, trust in His timing and hands to hold Joel. His grace is sufficient.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, I can relate...when Jeremy went to Korea, Austin was only 15 months old. The thought of him missing a whole year of our son's life was so hard to face. I am sure it is much more difficult with children who acctually understand....but my intent was not to depress you it was to encourage you...
    Not only did we survive it, it made us much stronger as a couple...The Lord will get you through this and he will grow you through it too. We will keep you all in our thoughts and more importantly our prayers...we love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it, girlfriend! Sending hugs and my shoulder to cry on. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great ideas to help the time. One day,one step, one moment at a time Mary, and this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you Mary...Love, Mom and Dad Thorson

    ReplyDelete