Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Goodbye Diapers and Hello Old Friends

Ok, so I really didn't want to blog until I could say that potty training was successful. And so here I am after 6 days saying "Hooray!!". The first 4 days were pretty miserable and I second guessed myself a number of times but kept saying "just stick it out for a week". Like I said before, I thought Anna would be a breeze. Well, the wind was blowing the wrong way. But day 5 and 6 were immensely better than the first 4 and today we had no accidents and she told me everytime on her own! I know it will be awhile before I can say "hold on Anna" when she says "potty", or not know where every bathroom is anywhere I go, and I will always have an extra set of clothes or two....BUT GOODBYE DIAPERS!! Well, at least for 3 months ;). But we haven't been diaper free for 3.5 years so that is kind of exciting.

And hello to old friends. This is a picture of Joel with one of our dearest college buddies Mike Compton (HT01 baby). We haven't seen Mike in about 5 or 6 years?? Anyways, Joel saw him in a cab while walking home from lunch and ran the cab down. Mike's crew was flying out in 1.5 hours so we had about 5 minutes with each other but they were a great 5 minutes. Wish we had had all night Mike!


And here I am 25 weeks pregnant. Feeling huge and wishing for that nice big U shaped pillow every night. I think I am wearing Joel down. We just happened to watch the TV show "Notes from the Underbelly" last night. For those who don't know, it isn't funny at all unless you have been there, down that with pregnancy. And last's night episode had a great segment on the U-shaped pillow. I was laughing so hard, I was crying. But it might have won Joel over to finding me one!


And here are Asher and Anna ready to go snorkeling!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Miss you so much that I'm tearing up. Isaac still prays everynight for, "Anna and Asher and Mary and Joel."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your picture before I read your words and I thought "Wow! She looks so small!" You don't look big, even if you feel that way!

    Congrats on the potty training! After your email on Saturday Jer & I decided to do the boot camp with Hannah and it is going fabulously! Nothing like cutting the number of diapers in half. Now if we can just teach Benjamin to walk...

    And how dare you move all the way to Hawaii and STILL see people from Tech! I'm so jealous!!

    Love,
    Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia wants to come to Hawaii by herself in two years to visit Aunt Mary, and Uncle Joel... and enroll in their special bootcamp... :)

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete