Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reflection

This blog is just a look back over the past few weeks. I feel like I am slowly coming out of the fog and being able to enjoy the kids and beautiful weather some more. Of course, the 4 day weekend helped since Joel let me sleep in everyday...WOO HOO!!! We celebrated the weekend and Memorial Day with a picnic at the playground, a huge block party that a friend had with a jump house for all the kids, and then we had some friends over for a barbecue on Monday. Tomorrow I am going to attempt a trip to the zoo with a friend and all our kids-it will be my first attempt at a big outing with the kids by myself. May not seem scary to some, but the first outing I attempted after Anna's birth resulted in the momentary loss of Asher (18 months old) at an outlet shopping center (Yes, seriously!). Hopefully I will do better this time. And then this weekend Joel's brother Caleb and his wife Amanda fly in from Australia to spend 2 weeks with us. We can't wait!!! The kids are counting down the days.


Here is the family with my college roommate from Virginia Tech. She was here on a work trip and cooked for us the whole time she was here! We haven't seen her in almost 3 years, so we had a wonderful time catching up. Who knew we would see so many old friends by moving so far away?

Two days of rain turned our inflatable trampoline into a pool. I was chatting on the phone with a friend when I heard a huge splash and found them like this. OH well, they were all ready wet-might as well let them have some fun.

A pose too adorable to pass up. We are still trying to decide who he looks like. Any ideas out there?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on little Jesse! He is so cute and he looks just like you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Caleb and Amanda get to visit for two weeks. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you lost Asher, fun times! I am also happy the fog is lifting, I hope you had a good time at the zoo. We are leaving for the Outer Banks soon, any suggestions on what to do (other than enjoy the beach?)

    ReplyDelete