Monday, August 4, 2008

When I Grow Up

I often ask the kids what they want to be when they grow up. Asher alternates between Superman, Spiderman, and a mailman (he loves the mail truck)-hey, at least he knows he will be a "man". The other day he even said "When I grow up, I will be big enough to drive this big red car and I will try not to crash it". He is so thoughtful. Anna often needs help with this question but a few days ago she proudly boasted "A Mermaid". I chuckled but she was dead serious. She is kind of obsessed with mermaids right now but it is neat to see them develop their passions. Tomorrow preschool starts. Anna will have her 1st day of school...sniff sniff (OK I can't be too sad since it will be just Jesse and me for 6 hours every week...woo hoo!). Just last night I was looking over baby pictures of Asher and Anna and it really got me emotional. Where does the time go? Before I know it, I will have a Superman and a Mermaid.


This is Asher and Anna playing a drawing game we do where I draw something and they have to repeat it. Asher has gotten really good at this game. He was so proud of his shark, jellyfish, and boat.

Anna had to have me draw a mermaid in this picture even though she was just sitting on an apple tree. I told you-she is obsessed!

Yes, this looks unsafe but kids will be kids!! They were playing Superman and Flying Mermaid...yes, seriously, Flying Mermaid.

Even though Jesse sure talks alot now, he is yet to disclose what he wants to be when he grows up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment