Thursday, September 11, 2008

Always Summer

Asher said to me today, "Mommy, is summer over?"

"Well Asher, summer is over in the rest of the world across the ocean but it is always summer in Hawaii."

"So it won't snow in Hawaii?"

"No, Asher, it will never snow here."

"Well, it snowed at my old house...my blue house."

"Yes, Asher it did. Our blue house is across the ocean in Boston where it does snow."

"Well, Mommy, I want to go back to Boston and see snow again."

Oh, Asher, me too!!! Actually, I mainly want to wear jeans and a sweatshirt, plant mums, see the leaves changing as fall rolls in, go for a jog in the cool weather, and go apple picking! I didn't really even think about it being "fall" until Asher asked that question. I am still trying to figure out whether or not I should put up my "fall" decorations. Even though it may be tacky, I think I might. I know, I know...I am in Hawaii so how can I complain. We hope to never take our days here for granted and the beauty that surrounds us. But a word to those in Boston...never take your days there for granted and the beauty that surrounds you.

1 comment:

  1. I say put up the decorations! I love fall decorating the best :) Caryn has missed the seasons a lot, too. I just miss having a summer! ha! I tell Caryn that she has hot and hotter and I have cold and colder!

    ReplyDelete