Thursday, February 5, 2009

My friend Diana

"Losties", this blog is for you.  I love the show.  I am addicted to it.  I over analyze every aspect of every minute of the show and look forward to it every week.  The obsession is worse now that we live in the place where the show is filmed.  We have visited almost every filming site that we can from the "Other's" village to the beach camp, jungle sites, and have seen the fuselage.  However, I have yet to see one of the actors which is a big desire.  I don't know why.  I don't plan on mobbing them or asking for an autograph.  I just want to see them just to say I did.  Most of them live on the other side of the island in a town called Kailua, which is about a 30 minute drive from me.  My friend Diana lives in Kailua.  She has seen Hurley at Jamba Juice a number of times, and also at the grocery store (they shop at the same one).  She has seen Juliet at the mall and was in line behind her at a local drugstore (and had a conversation with her).  Her kids played on the same soccer team as Matthew Fox's so she saw him just about every Saturday.  And then I got a phone call from her a few weeks ago that Desmond and his family were eating dinner at a table next to them at a pizza place.   GGGRRRRRR.  I think I need to go follow her every move until I have a Lost siting!  Yes, I am obsessed. 

4 comments:

  1. That's so interesting! I think of you every week when I watch it. It's my favorite show also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking for anyone, too! A friend of a friend of ours plays in the symphony and hurley did some narration for them at a concert around Christmas, so, of course, they have pics all over facebook of them with hurley. And, wouldn't you know Dog the bounty hunter and Beth were at the same concert! A little more trashy than LOST characters, but still famous! I'm always on the lookout for Dog b/c it seems every episode of dog the bounty hunter that I watch, they end up in Ewa Beach! Surely one day I will see him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to your obsession we are totally hooked too. (BTW that is not a sarcastic thanks...it's genuine. We love Lost.)
    I was so excited this week because while we watched it the baby woke up and started moving all over the place. I thought it was funny, but then when I re-watched the episode with Austin the next day...he(baby David)did it again. So I'm proud to say...the entire family loves Lost (even in utero)!

    ReplyDelete