Saturday, September 12, 2009

A fun filled Saturday

It all started with Spencer's 2nd Fun Run. Our friend's 6 year old invented this race because he wanted to sponsor a race just for kids. The kids love it and us parents adore it. It is so great to see the kids doing their best, having fun with whatever place, and encouraging each other.

Here are all the kids who participated. Jesse was a wanna be. The next Spencer Fun Run is going to be in December, a jingle bell run, to include a diaper dash so Jesse will get his turn.

There goes Anna!

Here is Asher crossing the finish line.

The next event of the day was our dear friends Mia and Carter's 6th birthday party which included miniature golf, pinatas, pizza, cake, and fun at the beach. Jesse has an obsession with balls so he kept stealing all the kids golfballs and running off. When I finally got him to try playing with the club that boy had quite a swing!

Jess after cake. I was running backwards trying not to get touched!

Anna pretending to be a mermaid at our favorite beach in Hawaii.

As you can tell by the look on her face all the kids had so much fun.

Asher with his buddies on a "jellyfish" hunt. Unfortunately, this beach tends to have bad jellyfish days. Today was great for 2 hours until the birthday boy got stung on both legs. All of a sudden, jellyfish were washing ashore everywhere. It was so odd. It kept all the kids out of the water but as you can see, it didn't stop them from enjoying their day.

Asher boogie boarding (pre-jellyfish). He is so good at it now! He was out there all by himself catching waves. The smile never left his face.

Jesse, the sand man. This boy is the ultimate beach bum. He has never know any other life. He is too into playing in the sand to even smile at me for this picture.

The truck was his favorite toy of the day.

Pajamas, movie, and popcorn at the end of a long but fun fun day!

Daddy, all these pictures were mainly for you. We missed you so much today. We knew how hard you would have been cheering at the fun run, remembered how much you love put-putting (Asher kept talking about the last time you took him), and you would have the loved the great boogie boarding waves at Bellows! Everyone missed you...it wasn't the same without you. We can't wait for all the fun moments we will get to have with you when you come home.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I had to read it twice...I thought there was going to be a "diaper rash" for Jesse instead of "diaper dash". I'm still laughing at myself! And YES, a phone date Monday would be much needed. I work until about 4:00 so anytime after that and that works for your time zone! Miss ya friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, read "diaper rash" at first and was a bit confused, but then, I've never lived in Hawaii! I've been enjoying your island adventures and cannot believe how fast Jesse grew up:( All 3 kids look happy and well loved. Could you please send Joel's address? I have books from the library that I'd like to send him to share. I've sent them to Kev's two other VT friends and wanted to include Joel as well. Rene and I enjoyed the VT vs. Marshall game yesterday and it brought back memories of all the games we attended when we had Corps kids to watch for. Praying that you'll all be together soon! Hugs from Roanoke:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually read it right the first time...lol. I was looking at the beach pics wondering which beach it was. Then Asher boggie boarding...I was thinking "wonder if they're at Bellows? and is it still jellyfish central?" You answered both. I miss you and the kids and your blog makes me miss Hawaii. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful pictures and all your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pictures, and find it amazing that you can capture all those moments even with three kids! Let's try to skype if you can find the time, I will sign on and keep it on if that is ok. Hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete