Thursday, December 11, 2008

Reflections on a Rainy Day

Godzilla on the attack

After crawling for 2 months, he finally decided to sit up!

Jesse is pulling up on everything now. It has made naptime quite hard since he pulls up in the crib and doesn't know how to get back down. We find him stranded all over the house. He is quite the mover.


Today is a stormy day in Hawaii and I LOVE it!! It is somewhat chilly with winds and heavy rain. It was a preschool day which is when I normally do a jog with Jesse. But today, while Jesse napped, I curled up with a blanket, a hot cup of coffee, watched the storm, and enjoyed a book. It actually FELT like winter. Now I should have been taking that jog and do feel a bit perturbed by the rain due to the fact that the marathon is THIS Sunday...December 14th...yes in 3 days!! Joel and I drove a bit of the route yesterday and my stomach was in knots. Did I really sign up to do this?! again?! Joel is excited. That is good because I really am nervous about it. The race starts at 5am which means we have to be out the door by 3am. Have I ever told you that I am not a morning person? Not to mention that Jesse refuses a bottle so I am quite worried about how our dear friend is going to survive babysitting him from the time he wakes up at her house until noon that day. So I find myself saying, yet again, did I really sign up to do this?! again?! I am looking foward to accomplishing this with Joel. Training has been enjoyable and running with someone is quite an encourager. The goal is somewhere between 4 1/2 and 5 hours. There are 2 hills, one being at mile 25! We didn't train on hills. We will do it together and it will be a great memory :). The training has also brought me 5 pounds away from my prepregnancy weight...WOO HOO!! So if you happen to think of us on Sunday, please say a quick prayer. I am sure I will have plenty to blog about after the race.

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you!! And praying for you! And looking forward to when when I am five pounds from pre-pregnancy weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you guys running the marathon. It will be totally different running it with someone else, better in fact! I will pray for you on Sunday, enjoy it, as best as you can. I look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck!!! and I hate you because I still have more than 5 lbs to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow. How great that you are accomplishing this together. What a wonderful memory to share with your kids! HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete