Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Asher!!

Asher had a water party to celebrate his 5th birthday this past weekend. We borrowed this slide from a friend, had a pool set up, a water table, water guns, bubbles, and water balloons. Asher was in water heaven and all had a great time. What started off with a few friends turned into this....
Of course that is what happens when you live in a neighborhood such as our new one and we expected it (and are not complaining!). It was just amazing to see the kids multiplying.

Asher begged for a carrot cake, his favorite. Such an odd request but since it is my favorite dessert I was happy to comply. I also made a chocolate cake since we had so many kids and he got upset when he saw it. "Mommy, that isn't a carrot cake!". I had to reassure him that I was making both.

The kids enjoying cake and ice cream.


We saved family gifts for this morning; his "real" birthday where his party was his "pretend" birthday as he would say. We just can't believe he is 5. I signed him up for kindergarten the other day and got all emotional. I am totally going to be one of those moms crying on the sidewalk. Tomorrow is his preschool graduation, he graduated to Sparkies in AWANA, he is 5, and now off to kindergarten. Where does the time go?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time! I began tearing up realizing how old Asher is getting, I remember holding him as a baby.....Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh because Ryan always requests a carrot cake for his birthday! It's always been his favorite. Happy Birthday Asher. Griffin goes to kindergarten in the fall as well and Ty finishes 1st grade tomorrow. It DOES go by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Asher! We thought of you yesterday. Glad you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete