Friday, July 11, 2008

Birthdays birthdays everywhere

Joel and I were born only one day apart so it has been a very fun week of celebrating birthdays. Mine comes first and I love being surprised on my birthday...birthdays are big deals to me and Joel always goes out of his way every year to make mine extra special. When I woke up and went downstairs on Wednesday morning, I found the kitchen decorating with streamers and signs, kids birthday hats and noise makers, and a fun table cloth. It was so neat and the kids LOVED it. The kids helped Auntie Mara bake me a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (my fav!) and we went to P.F. Chang's for my birthday dinner. I use to hate chinese, but somehow my pregnancy with Jesse has changed all that. I got stamping stuff, a new bag, and DVDs for my birthday...and a nap! It was a great day. Joel wanted to go to the beach and have shave ice on his birthday but he still got a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and gummie bears. It was a great day of Hawaii fun and swimming with sea turtles. Then we got a new game from Auntie Amanda and Uncle Caleb-thanks guys...we LOVE it! Any tips of how to win? If only we had the MA crowd to play it with (it is called Puerto Rico if you guys are interested!). Thank you for all the birthday well wishers we have heard from and were a part in making the days even better.


Mommy and Anna at P.F. Chang's


Asher getting ready to help Daddy blow out the candles.

Grandpa and Asher showing the guns with a big sea turtle right behind them.

Grandma enjoying shave ice with the kids.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I've kinda fallen of the bandwagon for a bit. But it sounds like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete