Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Big News

We are moving to Ohio!!! We just received word that Joel has been selected for a job at the NRO "national reconnaissance office" with the Air Force. This includes receiving his master's degree in Electrical Engineering at the Air Force Institute of Technology in Dayton, Ohio (an 18 month program) starting in August, and then a 4 year follow up assignment with the NRO in Chantilly, VA. We are super excited to be back on the east coast!! I seriously just went out and started buying winter clothes on sale for the kids...is that pathetic or what?! Dayton will be 3 hours from my parents and 7.5 from Joel's, not to mention how close we will be to many dear friends. Next fall I too will be enjoying the fall weather, leaves changing colors, apple picking, the first snowfall, looking forward to Christmas with family. I know you all think I am crazy being here in paradise but it is amazing what you miss. It is real life, not a vacation, and hard being so far away from family for so long. While we are VERY thankful for this time and will be living it up over the next 9 months, we are so so so blessed to see God moving in our future and overwhelming us with the desires of our hearts. I even bought a sweater at Old Navy last night!

Speaking of Old Navy...during the great sweater buying adventure I managed to lose my cell phone. Thankfully we had insurance coverage on it (cell phones and I DO NOT get along) so a new one is on its way to me. However, I may be unreachable for the rest of this week. In addition, my address book of numbers is lost so please please email me your phone number if you would ever like a call from me in the future. My number is the same so no worries there.

7 comments:

  1. A fellow buckeye! Happy for you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very happy for you guys! But that means we need to come and visit you before you leave :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited. We can start making plans now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great assignment for Joel AND you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good assignment for Joel AND you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! I am so super excited that you guys will be so close!!!! Ohio, now I can visit...

    ReplyDelete