Friday, October 23, 2009

A Weekend Getaway

Yes, that is right. I am going on a weekend get way, a PWOC (protestant women of the chapel) conference downtown in Waikiki, with my girlfriends. A weekend of worship, bible study, and a break from the kids. I will get to eat my food when it is hot, sleep until I want to get out of bed, take a shower without a kid interrupting, no cleaning up after meals, have a whole conversation without stopping to discipline, no poppy diapers, no trains being lobbed at my head, and no chasing Jesse down the street for 2.5 days! I am beyond excited for this little break. I am praying that it will be a rejuvenating time in the Lord and refreshing time for me, to spur me on for these last 8 weeks. I have been SO exhausted and learned this past week in bible study the Lord can only renew our strength when we wait on him. When we wait on the "thing" (ex. the day when Joel comes home), we will continue to be depleted. I really reflected on that the past 2 days and realized I am totally waiting for Joel's return and not the Lord alone. So this weekend I hope to change my focus for "those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not be weary, they will walk and not be faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

On a side note, thank you to the dear friend who sent me fall in a box! The smell of those leaves...I can't even put it into words. The kids were amazed to see all the different colors. It made my heart ache. Thank you thank you thank you for that special treat. I am officially a leaf sniffer.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! And I hope it's the Beth Moore study you are talking about because you now have me excited to hear about it! And side note, some people are leaf peepers...I now have a friend who is a leaf sniffer...aww, I love you just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you come back feeling refreshed! We love you and are praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAve fun at the retreat!! We moms so need those moments. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete