Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Priceless Moment

The Setting: Asher's football game. It is evening and we are under the lights. Asher gets the ball and runs the wrong way!

The coach and me from the sidelines: "Wrong way Asher! Run the other way Asher!"

Asher looks at me smiling and then trips over his own feet. He immediately checks to see if his flags are still on. He proudly trots off the field after getting some nice pats on the back.

Asher to me: "Did I keep my flags Mommy?"

Me: "Yes, Buddy you did!" He hugs me and says "Yes!"

Me: "But Asher, why did you run the wrong way?"

Asher: "It wasn't wrong Mommy" like I missed the most obvious thing in the world. "I was sneaky. They knew I was going to run that way" (pointing to the right end zone) "so I ran that way!".

Well, how to you argue that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment